Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 5, 2018

Make a life


When it’s over I want to say: all my life
I was the bride married to amazement
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms

When it’s over I don’t want to wonder
If I have made of my life something particular, and real
I don’t want to find myself sighing and frightened,
Or full of argument

I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world!
                                                          Mary Oliver
____________________________________________

This is a week to say hello
To days gone by
And friends from long ago

To suffer the joys and indignities of a reunion (college)
To join together with people with whom I studied, played
And sang

It will be a time to remember
And a time to reflect upon all the moments in between
The good, the bad, and the ugly

The things I will be thrilled to share
And things of which I am ashamed, and would rather keep hidden

Life is not the faint at heart
It is highs and lows
It is ecstasy and pain

This will also be a week to say goodbye
To a dear friend
Who lived fully for 91 years
She too had moments good and bad
And life was not easy

But she made life
And made her mark
And sang beautifully and joyfully

Whether we are early in the journey
Or in the second half of life
Or even nearing that final reunion with the Sacred
There is simply one thing we must do

Live

Life is not a spectator sport
We can tiptoe through life if we want
But we will miss so much

We are called to be married to amazement (Oliver)
To embrace the joy as it flies (Blake)

We are called to make a life

No comments:

Post a Comment