Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A little bit of God


“Our human nature has been distorted, . . . I mean, we are actually quite remarkable creatures. In our religions I am created in the image of God. I am a God carrier. It’s fantastic. I have to be growing in godlikeness, in caring for the other. I know that each time I have acted compassionately, I have experienced a joy in me that I find in nothing else.”
                                                                                    Desmond Tutu
______________________________________________

It is comforting to believe
When we are tired, and fearful
When we are weak, and doubtful

God carries us

It is comforting to believe that when all seems lost
When evil seems to win
And the wicked flourish

God carries us

But we must also remember
That we carry God

We are the children of God
We carry Sacred DNA
We carry the Spirit, Sacred Presence

And the God we carry
Makes us a little bit like God

We have a little of God’s joy
A little of God’s compassion
A little of God’s insight
A little of God’s forgiveness
A little of God’ generosity

And all God asks
Is that we live out the divine likeness

It’s a good thing
A little bit of God
Goes a long way

No comments:

Post a Comment