Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, December 9, 2018

Courage


May I have the courage today
To live the life that I would love
To postpone my dream no longer
But do at last what I came here for
And waste my heart on fear no more
                                                John O’Donohue
________________________________________

I wake in the darkness
There are restless animals all around
Hungry cats prowling
Vigilant dog
Growling gently at unseen foes

I wake in the darkness
And there are restless monsters
In my mind

Old man worries about the future
Regrets for dreams unfulfilled
Fears of irrelevance

But the silent dark is laden also
With hope
the quietude of morning is infused
With the Sacred

For I am not alone
I am connected with that which holds
The fabric of creation together

To the Center
To Life
To love

My heart is filled
and a sacred stirring
transforms my fear into courage

the courage to stand
the courage to risk
the courage to be open
the courage to love

the courage to live

No comments:

Post a Comment