Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, December 6, 2018

Where do you start?


“If you stand for nothing…what'll you fall for?”
― Lin-Manuel Miranda
___________________________

We have to know where we start
There is a genesis to everything

Every attitude,
Every word
Every act

What if I start with “America First”
Which is the same as “me first”
And perhaps, simply “me”

What if I start with essential selfishness?
Then I fall for fear
And hate
And I fall for those voices that say its “OK”
To hoard, to bully, to exclude
Even to kill

What if I start with the imperative to “Love!”
Love God
Love Self
Love the person next to me, in front of me, behind me

What if?

I can no longer do the same things
Accept the same things
I can no longer create enemies for profit
I can no longer diminish and demean
I can no longer stockpile wealth
And leave the vulnerable, hungry and homeless

There is no question about it
It cannot be denied
We have to stand for something

Or we fall


No comments:

Post a Comment