Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Valuable beyond belief

So many people
Wide and thin
Short and tall
Smiling and crying

Striding into their day, full of hope
Or wearily and tentatively edging into this day
Cautious and afraid

So many people
And with my eyes and mind I define them
Categorize them
Good or bad
Strong or weak
Well or sick
Worthwhile or
God help me, may I never see anyone as worthless

For in your eyes Lord
Everyone is sacred
A beloved child
Precious and valuable

Not defined by addiction or illness
Failure or fear
Not defined by those things we as humans use
To label or categorize and judge

God is always saying,
“Here I am, I love you
and in love will do anything for you

anything

and I only ask one thing of you
that you love others as i love you
that you see others, as I see you
that you touch all of life as if i am touching it through you
and it is sacred

and as you are loved by me (yes me, God)
and love as I love
then you will find intimacy
and taste my essence
and perhaps the essence of the other person as wel
and perhaps even the essence of your own selfl”

Lord, let me see each person who comes into my path this day
As a sacred
Valuable beyond belief
And treat them accordingly

No comments:

Post a Comment