Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, February 5, 2021

connection

my darling

let’s you and I

ramble on this life awhile –

our hands in hands

our hearts in hearts

our shadows forever one

                     Atticus, The Truth About Magic, p. 104

 

______________________________

 

have you ever been in love?

obsessively, crazy in love?

 

where every thought, every action

is touched by the beloved?

 

where you are so captivated that

you cannot imagine any place you would rather be

than by her (his) side?

 

where your entire self is permeated

mind, body, heart and soul

by the presence of the other?

 

in such moments all of life

is determined by that love

how we feel,

how we see others

how we see ourselves

 

how we see the events unfolding around us

how we see the sunrise and the sunset

 

and that is how I want it to be

with Sacred and I

I want to be in love with the Sacred One

with that power that formed all

and forms me

and lurks within

 

and I want the grasp

that profound understanding that

my Beloved loves me

 

and I want the reality that that connection

that love

to define everything

 

how I think

how I feel

how I see

how I behave

 

I ramble on this life awhile – with Sacred

our hands in hands

our hearts in hearts

our shadows forever one


No comments:

Post a Comment