Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, December 11, 2017

Alternative facts

Aging crusty guy
Hair a little wild
Face a little wrinkled
Body a little sagged

I’ve been there done that
Studied, traveled
Done amazing things
Met amazing people

I’ve been places no sane person goes
and have seen both danger and death

I’ve blessed the marriages of both of my children
And watched helpless
As another father’s child has died
In my arms

A victim of war

You would think I would be rooted

But instead I am twirling in the wind
Buffeted
By liars and thieves

Infant like I am pulled this way and that
Uncertain
Short of hope
Long on anger

ah those clever cunning ones
who rob from the poor and give to the rich
who abandon the elderly
and doom the child to a living hell

ah fake news
alternative facts
ah extremism
of all sorts

left, right, left, right

twirling, lost in the chaos

and seeking still that
still calm place

that will allow me
to heal enough
that I can once again hear the voice of Jesus
and find the ground

and speak the truth


in love

No comments:

Post a Comment