Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, December 10, 2017

apathy

“Apathy is not compatible with love”

Perhaps this is why I post rants on Facebook
Perhaps this is why I wake up in the middle of the night
Furious and cursing
Perhaps this is why I look at people who support evil
And simply cannot comprehend
And simply cannot stay silent

I would love to be apathetic
I would love to not care
For the homeless
The person with mental illness
The person who is poor
The immigrant
The woman who is minimized and oppressed
The person of color who must walk in fear, not because there is not law enforcement presence
But because there is…

I would love to not care for the children
The elderly

I have my retirement accounts
My stocks which are soaring

What the hell do I care!?

But I do and my heart hearts every time
I hear our person in power lie
Every time he bullies
Every time he diminishes another
Every time he runs off to his golf course to enrich himself

I ache every time I see a protection removed
Every time I see our government rob the poor to give to the rich

I simply cannot let it go
I cannot
I cannot
For love will not allow me
To distance
To numb
To deny


Apathy is not compatible with love

No comments:

Post a Comment