Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

High Anxiety

Words like capricious dancers on the page
Refusing to rest or be captured
Float in front of eyes
That cannot focus

Thoughts come and go
Racing through a brain
That is noise and chaos
A relentless roaring that flows
From head to heart to stomach
rippling and tumbling through my being
Until my body beats
With the awkward rhythm of unrest

Somewhere in my core
Where solidity and peace should be
Chaos rules
A whimsical tyrant

Anxiety

_______________________________________

Those who know me well
know I struggle with anxiety
At times is is almost overwhelming
at other times, it is just a little ripple I barely notice

Sometimes it drives my behavior
at other times?

Well, lets just say I believe in what I share with my clients,
that so much of it is about how i think, how I frame things.

If I can move out of negative patterns of thinking, away from thoughts that don't work, but lead me into
fear, and guilt, sadness or anger, then I can begin to live a life of joy,
and I can be secure enough in my self, at my core, to reach out in healthy 
and giving ways to others.

One key phrase that I keep coming back to is that of Paul
"All things work together for good, for those who love God'

Whew!

Blessings, Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment