Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feeling alone

I lay there in the dark
searching
roaming through the far reaches of my self
for some sense
that I am not alone!

There are times when the solitude
is simply too much
I feel like a house empty
a presence is lacking
love is lacking

I miss that intangible 
link that tangibly exists
with another
through words, and touch
and that heart full sense of other
that fills the souls and blossoms forth
in joy, and hope, and expectation

but sometimes there is nothing but a hurtful emptiness
and I am like something torn
something unbalanced
like an organism gone wrong
alone
and so I search
knowing that to find love I must first find myself
I must meet myself
with compassion
and mourn that howling emptiness
and then embrace
myself and in the warmth
of that embrace
find hope

 _______________________________________________________________
 John 14:26-27
 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment