Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, July 9, 2012

How did I get here?

How did I get here?
I have been scrambling up this trail for so long

fighting over boulders
through bogs that at times threatened
to suck me down
into the depths

I have fought my way through brush so thick
I could not see more than one step in front

Always I believed,
Always I sensed my guide
was leading me on
to the right place

It all seemed to fall in to place
it could not be coincidence
all those opportunities, those moment

I seemed that I was going
to where I needed to go
to where I was meant to be

but here I am
at trails end

there is no way to go further
dark walls tower above me
looming
casting deep shadows over me
obscuring even the sky
until I cannot see

even the trail behind me seems vague and obscure

so here I am
how did I get here?
I guess I will just sit for a while
and wait
and see

____________________________________________

There are always choices, always paths from where we are to a better place. To be alive requires choices every second. There’s no such thing as the absence of choices. It’s only our lack of awareness that blinds us to all the possibilities. Even choices that appear undesirable could turn into a key experience that reveals hidden paths. We may never know in advance where a path will lead us or how long our journey will take. Only our inner wisdom knows the journey we are supposed to be on. 

Look for the next right choice 

1 comment:

  1. "a key experience that reveals hidden paths"--that really struck me. Whenever someone says "key" this or that, I always thought of something important or essential, which is true, but to think of a "key experience" as one that literally opens a door to all sorts of possibilities is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete