Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, April 9, 2016

Dance the thousand dances of love

"Love is the dancing cry of the soul, calling the body to worship
Like a shining whirlpool, or a spinning mayfly
So is love among the skies.
I leap across the mountaintops, madly singing the song of all songs
I float through the ether, intoxicated, thrilled
I think only of your love, your calling to me
And I dance the thousand dances of love, all returning to you."

Rumi
_____________________

love cries out this morning
in the spring sky
in the smell of the pine,
and the dance of sunrise through the trees

love sings its song
and lift me up
soul soaring until
I join the eagle’s flight
so very high

I have the gift
of Sacred love
and I am above all people blessed

some have wealth, possessions
power
poor things
for many of them are so poor

standing there on podiums
seeking more power and more wealth
their misery etched in their faces
their poverty shining through their empty angry eyes

Trump, the Kardashians and their ilk can live their lives
Seeking the wrong things in the wrong places
in their partially disguised wretchedness


as for me I will put on my dusty shoes
and head out into God’s grandeur,
dancing a thousand dances of love
on a dirt road

No comments:

Post a Comment