Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Dangerous and Noble Thngs

“I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
I want to be light and frolicsome.
I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
as though I had wings.”
               Mary Oliver, Owls and Other Fantasies: Poems and Essays
____________________________________________

there are time my mind whispers
and times when it shouts

there are times when paying attention to my thoughts
is like trying to watch 100 TVs all set to different channels

perhaps I need to step away from my brain
and merely accept what I am feeling
and notice what I am thinking
and let me go

dropping everything
except one dangerous or noble thing

letting go of that which weighs me down
so that I can once again be light
and hopeful
and creative

so I can once again

soar

No comments:

Post a Comment