Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, December 13, 2018

God's fools


“A fool with a heart and no sense is just as unhappy as a fool with sense and no heart.”
 Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Idiot

“A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool.”
 Moliere
_____________________________________________________


There is no fool like an old fool
Except a young fool

I think perhaps we are all a little bit foolish at times
The moment comes for wisdom, and poof

Wisdom is gone

The time comes to keep ones mouth shut
And we pander on and on
Making ourselves a burden

How does the saying go?
But to remain silent and be thought a fool
Than to speak and remove all doubt

There are different kinds of fools of course
I am a fool with a heart and no sense
My feelings get a hold of me, I fuse with them

And “presto”
Fool

I know better, which makes me more of a fool
I have the degrees that should make me wise and learned
and keep my words and actions sane

but no!
not me….

Some people have lots of sense, but no heart
Oh, our poor rigid, judgmental friends
Who spend their lives driven by logic

Perhaps they make fewer dumb mistake
Perhaps they do not open their mouths, and make a mess of things
But, they miss out on so much

They fail to connect
To live
To love

Perhaps what is true
Is that we are all fools in one way or another
Driven by a need for control
Or a need for connection

Perhaps it is inevitable that we will make a fool of ourselves
In one way or another
At one time or another

I know I will
I will dump my loneliness on others in appropriate ways
I will see approval, in silly way
I will say what should not be said
And not say what should be said….

I will walk through life a hit and run driver
And thus a fool

How about you?

We are perhaps, a conspiracy of dunces (JK Toole)
But we are God’s fools

And it is better to stumble along
Seeking love
Seeking connection
Seeking hope
Seeking God

Than to sit, arms crossed and pout
In splendid isolation

I will opt for being a fool with a heart
Then a calculating asshole (fool) with no heart



No comments:

Post a Comment