Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, May 5, 2021

end to begin

 

Yearning for a new way will not produce it. Only ending the old way can do that. You cannot hold onto the old all the while declaring that you want something new. The old will defy the new; the old will deny the new; the old will decry the new. There is only one way to bring in the new. You must make room for it.

                     Neale Donald Walsch, Facebook post, July 22, 2014

 _______________________________

 

I want

I want

I

 

funny how that works

as we wonder through life

yearning all too often for that we do not have

 

suffering it has been said

is the gap

the distance between what we think

we want and need

and what we have

 

and we live all too often in the suffering gap

yearning

struggling to close that gap

 

to grab more power

more wealth

to grab more peace!

more love

 

I know!  I’ve been there

I am there

in that yearning place

 

but slowly I have learned,

(I do learn)

to value the place I am in

and the things I have

touched and experience

 

to quiet to yearnings for a moment

and rejoice in the hoot of an owl in the morning

the first golden rays of the sun

the wealth (of so many kinds) I have enjoyed

including the people

 

those precious souls

who inhabit my life and my heart

 

and I have also learned

to let go of the place that I am in

knowing that with Sacred sway

there is always something new

 

it is no accident the Spirit came as wind and fire

blowing like dust in the wind

searing us and driving us into new places

 

out of my darkest moments

have come great gifts

out of painful loss

has come the freedom to start again

and again

 

even this day, as I sit ensconced in my oldness

the Sacred is asking me to make room

to let go

of my fear,

my need for comfort

my old visions and dreams

my old agendas,

so there is room for the new

 

for there is something new awaiting

there always is

 

if I can just let go

and make a little room

 


No comments:

Post a Comment