Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, February 19, 2024

The Promise is Enough

It seems as if the “winter of our discontent”

will never turn into “glorious summer”

 

the darkness is so profound

late December early January darkness

that smothers and obliterates

 

leaving us lost and overwhelmed

 

this darkness rolls like storm clouds

obliterating the light

the fear deluges us, the lies

overwhelmed by pervasive hate

and foul greed

 

Evil ones promise shelter

But merely seed the clouds with more fear

More lies

 

We stand exposed

And face the storm

Small

So small

 

in these moments, bowed and cowed

I do not want to be small

I do not want to be a mustard seed, a touch of yeast

 

I want to be lightening and thunder

Earthquake and fire

I want to be a tsunami

That roars

 

But I am just me

One person

One voice

One heart

Small

 

With my little touch of faith

My little bit of love, and hope, and joy

Those meager resources I can share

With those whose lives I touch

 

But the promise is

That is enough


No comments:

Post a Comment