Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, June 13, 2024

Sacred Tears

The darkened skies are copiously weeping

A thirsty land receives this gift of

Sacred tears

 

Once parched ground glistens with moisture

Cowed flowers raise their heads

And drink deeply

 

There is a darkness here

The sun is hidden

and the air is sodden and cool

 

I carry the heaviness of this day

Deep in a parched soul

I am dry

The world is burning

 

I look out on a world dominated by

Hate-filled people who want to dominate and control

I oppression, injustice and inequity

I see people diminished and denied

 

I stand in a pulpit and look out on empty pews

And tired faces

And doubt

My capacity to teach, to lead, to inspire

 

Where oh where is love?

Where oh where is hope?

Where oh where is God?

 

I stand in the rain

Heedless

Feeling bereft, helpless, empty, inadequate

 

I need to be watered

by Sacred tears

I need to feel the compassion that rains down

The nourishment that comes

Unfailing

 

Wash me God

And I will be clean

Be in me Lord, like a spring of living water

Welling up

 

Give me the courage and freedom

To received

What is painful and refreshing

Convicting and freeing

 

Your very self

 

Give me tears

Tears that come as I see the pain of the planet

And those creatures that live upon it

Tears that see the anguish of those

Oppressed, minimized, and excluded

Tears that speak of compassion

And love

 

Give me tears

May they emerge from my watered soul

And flow forth from my heart

Like stream of living water

 

Bringing life

Hope

Joy

And peace

 

Until every tear is wiped

From every eye


No comments:

Post a Comment