Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Love keeps opening

I did not know what love was until I encountered one that kept opening, and opening, and opening
                                                                        Christian Wiman
________________________________________________

Where, O where, is love?
Where is that love that will not let me go?

That love, into which I gently descend,
overcome
overwhelmed

sometimes I wonder if there is such a thing
as there seem to be so many limits
so many conditions on love

and love is absorbed
by expectations, and fears
busy-ness, and need

and disappears, as if it never was

but then there are mornings
as the sun hits the top of the peaks
freshly coated with snow
and the crisp clean air carries the scent
of wet grass, and juniper, and pine

a deer play tag in the pastures

and I remember
that love
that keeps opening, and opening, and opening

No comments:

Post a Comment