Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, December 25, 2011

Testing God? Thoughts in time of chaos

There are days that make one wonder.  Months too.  Even years.
I have to admit, its been an "interesting" year.  Seems like little has gone right, and a lot of challenges have emerged.
Now I like a challenge as well as the next person.  But seriously God!
Would it be asking so much to get a little break here?

I mean state budget cuts;
A total transformation of the mental health system in the state, which may be awesome, or may be a total disaster;
some personal chaos (as if that ever ends)....

Add it all up and life seems to be almost more than one can take....
And often we wonder if we are up to the task.
I know some people even such such stuff as a test...
as if struggle is the way God measures our faith, our resilience.

I think that is a bunch of ....
Well lets just say that is not the way I think of it.

I like what Brennan Manning says:  "Scarcity and broken relationships aren't about God finding out what I'm made of -  God knows what I'm made of - its the other way around.  In or out of friendship, in scarcity or abundance or just enough, my life is about finding out what God is made of ."

Challenges give me a chance to learn, in a way that good times can never offer, just how amazing my God is.  How loving.  How forgiving.  How patient.  

There is one amazing thing about moments that put God to the test.  God doesn't fail.  God is always there.  With love, power, forgiveness, hope, with all the things we need.


On this "day after Christmas", in this time before the New Year begins, that is a good thing to remember, and on which to base one's future!

Blessings, 
Stephen

1 comment:

  1. Thankful conversation dear. :) Seriously or not seriously I appreciate whatever you wrote here. Thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete