Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, June 23, 2018

Ethics, are not out of date


“If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
                                              Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
________________________________________________

Some would say
We live in a post fact, post truth world

Some would say we live in a post moral world
A place without ethics

Perhaps the world is what we make it
If one holds fast to the truth
If one intends to do right
Does one not create, at least within their own soul

A place where truth and goodness still live?
Do they not create a space around them
Where those things are present?

There no doubt that space will be assailed, daily
There is no doubt that many, including Trump, choose not to live
With truth and goodness

But can I for all my ranting
Change one word, on policy, one behavior of DJT?
No!

But I can change my words, my values, my behaviors

Jesus often said strange things
Like
The kingdom of God is near
The kingdom of God is in you

Quite a word, Kingdom. 
The Greek word used here is basileus, and traditionally it has been translated as “kingdom” 
John S Spong, an Episcopalian Bishop and author
suggests that a more accurate rendering is the word realm. 

As he writes, “A kingdom is a place.  A realm is more of an experience. 
A realm could be an experience of new levels of consciousness, the ability to see beyond the limits of physical vision.” 

So the Realm of God is that space,
that place,
that dimension,
where the Sacred is experienced. 
Where God is present. 
Where the influence of God is felt,
in which the power of God dominates.” 

I may live in world that is post fact
Post truth
Post compassion
Post justice
Post equity

But it is a very real truth
That at some level
To some degree
I have the power to connect with my Sacred DNA

I have the ability to fuse with the Sacred within
And create a space where God dominates
Where truth, and love
Win

To use Biblical imagery
I can be salt, light, yeast
I can change the space around me

Yes,
I can
Yes,
You can
Yes,
We can

No comments:

Post a Comment