Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, June 19, 2018

you are not alone


“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom...is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go. -Anthony Bourdain”
___________________________________________________

There is perhaps
No end to the journey
In this event we call life

There is a journey to be sure
There is a compass point toward which we can move
One faltering step at a time

But there is not point
At which we will ever be able to say

I am there!

If I head west, there is always a west
I am never done, heading west
I may hit barriers, and I may find places where the way is difficult
Even places where the way seems blocked
But there is always more “west”

What is your west?
For me it is love
For me it is being of service to others
Being kind
Making positive difference in this world

I will never be done with those things
Ever
There is always love needed, and love to be given
There are always things that need to be done

There are times when it seems too
As if that ocean, or maintain in front of me blocks my way
As if the hate is too great, the tasks to immense

But still I must follow my compass point, and do what I care about
Even if I can only take one step, on tiny step this day

So my question, each morning, is this
What one things can I do today that will make someone know they are loved
(by God, and others)
What one thing can I do today, to make a difference in this world

It may be something small
Not saying something one Facebook
Or saying something on Facebook
A visit to a lonely person
A phone call of encouragement
A smile
A blog post
A word of praise and hope

What one thing can I do to day
That will take me down the path to love and service?

Where does your path take you
Realize that road stretches on forever, even into eternity
Keep walking
One step at a time

Left foot, right food, left foot breath
And if necessary?
Let someone help you along the way

You are not alone

Anthony Bourdain, rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment