Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, July 7, 2018

Near


And love
Says,
"I will, I will take care of you,"
To everything that is
Near.
                                             (Hafiz)
________________________________

I am smothered at times
By all the ills of the world
By the greedy ones grasping
The hurting ones lashing out
The angry ones shooting
The hungry ones devouring all in sight

It is tempting to push away
All the is abrasive and angry

To step away from the dis-ease
To seek a calm distance
Peace

and yet I am commanded to love
to love the angry classmate from HS who worships Trump
To love the one who will not change
To love the one who has failed, time and time and time again
To love the one who has hurt me
or rejected me

and one cannot love at a distance


No comments:

Post a Comment