Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Connection


When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly,
God is the electricity that surges between them
                                                            Martin Buber
_____________________________________________

Who are you?
I am not sure I know, but I’d like to!
I’d like to know what makes you tick
How you think, what you feel
What you a passionate about,
What gets you up in the morning

Who am I?
I’d like you to know!
At least I think I do.

I’d like you to know what I love
What is going on in my monkey brain
What I fear
What hurts

I am not talking about playing it safe here
Being real is never safe
And when two people actually make a connect
That is authentic and vulnerable

It can be rather shocking!
Bzzzzzzt!

Sometimes it stings
Sometimes it hurts
But when the current flows

Something happens
Call it electricity
Call it love
Call it God

And we are transformed
Individually
Together

We are changed from encapsulated egos
Fearful and striving
Into beings bound together by something big
Bigger

That which is immanent and transcendent
Becomes intimate and finite
Incarnate

I and It
Becomes I and Thou

“I” and “me”
Becomes “us”

And Sacred becomes real
In our connection with one another

We don’t need theology
Or ideology
We don’t need earthly power
Or wealth
We don’t need border walls
We don’t need a booming stock market

We need each other
For it is in love of other another

That the kingdom comes

No comments:

Post a Comment