Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Go where your prayers take you


“Go where your best prayers take you.”
― Frederick Buechner
________________________________________

today my prayers will take me into grief
as I think of communities destroyed by fire
and people missing and dead.

My prayers will take me into sorrow as I think of
that desperate caravan of desperate mothers and fathers
and fragile children
marching toward what they hope is safety
and as I think of little children separated from their parents
and caged

today my prayers will take me into pain
as I offer to the sacred
the agony of those afflicted by
cancer, arthritis, heart failure
all the afflictions of
the body

today my payers will take me into loneliness
as I listen to one
who is so
alone

today my prayers will take me into
anger and hate
as these dark emotions dominate
the social media

and dominate
the words of people
who have become fused
with darker things
and have become hate personified

today my prayers will take me
into fear
as I watch lives shattered
evil flourish
and the earth fail

It is not all darkness, I know
This life is filled too with beauty, with love
Even with kindness

at moments
I will be led too
into light and joy
for they too are part of life
and I will remember love and plentitude
And acts of nobility and kindness

I will be led into awe
As I look at the mountains
And watch the sun rise

today my prayers will take me down many paths
rough and smooth
down into life

Oh Sacred One
Help me to go where my prayers take me

Rejoice with me which I am in the high places

And when I find myself
In the dust and grime of uncertainty and darkness
Be with me

Be with me in  the grief and pain
the sorrow, anger and fear,

to comfort
to calm
to heal
to rejoice

until I once again
find my way to the light

No comments:

Post a Comment