Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, December 2, 2020

be yourself

To be nothing

Is to consent to being a simple creature.

This is the place of encounter with

“I AM that I Am.”

 

When there is no more “me, myself, or mine,”

Only “I AM” remains.

 

Then the “I” may fall away,

Leaving just the AM. . . .

                               Thomas Keating, “Out of Nothing”

                               Quoted in Richard Rohr’s daily blog 10/27/2020

_____________________________________

 

a human being

is a rare creature

 

most of us are human doings

defined in our own minds

and in the minds of others

by what we do

 

this is a merit based existence

I am my job

I am my degrees

I am my titles

I am my accomplishments

I am my bank account and my stock portfolio

 

Our own self value comes from these external things

And our value to others?

All too often the same

 

And so we plod through life

Doing

Seeking to earn our place

Justify our existence

 

Seeking to create value

 

As if!

 

The reality is that our worth

At least in Sacred Eyes

Is not merit based

 

It is inherent

We are the lost sheep

That Sacred will do anything to find and reclaim

We are the lost coin

Buried in the dust of the earth

 

Searched for, found, and celebrated

 

We are

Beings imprinted with the divine image

Impregnated with sacred presence

 

And all we have to do is be

To breathe in and breathe out

To go inside and find the gifts that have been implanted in us

And then live

 

In the moment

Still

Listening

 

Resting in the “still point” of the turning world (T.S. Eliot)

Being

 

Being God’s

Being ourselves

 

And knowing that is enough

 

Knowing we don’t have to prove ourselves

And we don’t have to “sell” ourselves

Or even protect ourselves

 

We can just be

And let that part of us that is divine and original

Seep through

 

That part that is love


No comments:

Post a Comment