Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, March 17, 2022

Some day you are going to die

When you drink your tea, just drink your tea….
Everything is impermanent, including injustice, poverty, pollution, and global warming. In our lives, there is misunderstanding, there is violence, there is conflict, there is despair, but these things are also impermanent, and because they are impermanent, they can be transformed if we have insight in to how to live in the present moment.
Thich Nhat Hanh
____________________________________

some day I am going to die
each day, as I lift this aging body from my bed
I remember
that I am going to die

but in fact everything dies
everything, at some level, in some way
passes away

everything

indeed every moment
what is become what was

every moment is and ending
and every moment is a beginning

so while we continually deal with the pain of loss
and the terror of “the new”
we also continually have another chance

a chance to get it right
a chance to change
a chance to heal

if we understand this we will leave each moment differently
if I know that those I love will some day die
I will do everything I can to make the most of my time with them

If I know that someday my mind will no longer work the way
it does today, that it will slow down and get fuzzy
it will do everything I can to use my mind fully on this day

the idea that all will end is scary
but it is also a truth that helps us make the most of life
it is also a truth that gives us hope

each moment is a little death
each moment is a little resurrection

Jesus got this
he reminded us that to find life, we have to let it go
(and place it in the hands of Love)

Paul definitely got this
“we are new creations”

May I live this day remembering
that I will die
that this day will pass
that everything will pass

may I thus live this day ready to change
ready to accept change
and ready to hope for change

may I remember that all will die
but resurrection (renewal and transformation) can
and will
come

No comments:

Post a Comment