Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 28, 2022

True North

I step out of the woods

onto this road that is so familiar

 

I have been here before

time and time again

 

I know where I am going

I am headed north from whence

the honkers fly

 

north along rutted roads

and vague paths

winding through juniper and fir and pine

 

north with my bounding sniffing companion

who marks his progress

and randomly barks at phantom threats

 

north where the fox slinks along

the runway

chased by the big wheel plane as it too

soars north

 

I know what north is

and I know what my north is

call it love

call it truth

call it compassion

 

I know too what north is not

those side paths into ooze and slime

where untruth lies in wait

and selfishness lurks

and power lures

 

ah how dangerous life is

without a compass

No comments:

Post a Comment