Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, March 10, 2023

Wear your love like heaven

Lord, kiss me once more

Fill me with song

Allah, kiss me once more

That I may, that I may

Wear my love like heaven (Wear my love like)

Wear my love like heaven (Wear my love)

                     Donovan Leitch

________________________________________________

 

sometimes as I wander the outback

driving the tattered two-lane highways of

Eastern Oregon

I listen to the radio

 

and sometimes as I listen to my classic rock stations

which play the songs of my youth it is

Kairos time

 

I am no longer in my black AWD

but am back in a rather battered 60’s Willy’s station wagon

and I am young again!

 

it is Kairos time

I am not remembering what it was like to be 16

I am 16

anamnesis

 

somewhere between Silvies Valley and Burns

the words came from my radio

wear my love like heaven

 

lord kiss me once more

fill me with song

that I may wear my love like heaven

 

and once I came back into chronos time

I wondered

what would it be like to wear our love like heaven?

 

it occurred to me that this is exactly what we are called to do

if we would wish the Kingdom to be

on earth as it is in heaven

 

wearing God’s love means

to live a life consistent with heaven

it means, perhaps to create heaven, or Kingdom (as you will)

to drag it into being

here and now

in chronos time

 

to me, this is not so much about individual “purity”

if there is such a thing

as it is about working to eradicate those things that could not

would not exist

in heaven

 

in heaven, there would be no abuse of the new earth

no hungry children

no homeless families

no people thirsting for water (because Nestle bought the water rights)

no guns

 

in heaven, there would be no CEO’s making $5000 an hour

while their employees struggle to make ends meet

no large corporations buying politicians

 

so to wear my love like heaven

means to be a person who seeks to get rid of anything here on earth

that could not exist in heaven

 

to change my own behavior, yes

to be a person of agape-type love

but also to fight to change those systems

that crush, oppress and destroy

 

to fight systematic greed (toxic capitalism)

systematic racism (it is everywhere)

systematic abuse of political power

 

ah!

if only the Lord would kiss me

and fill me with song

and turn me into on

who wears my love like heaven

 

so that I with joy

accept all, welcome all, help all,

encourage all

so that I with joy

give all

 

including my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment