Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 4, 2012

Another form of arrogance

It is a given fact
It must be true
Because my mind says so

Everything
Always
Is all about me….

Oh it is not that I believe
That I am the center
The one who must be noticed and admired
Like the star of the play
The belle of the ball

It is more a matter of taking everything on
All the hurts
And the failures
All the rejection

If something is negative is present
It must be about me

What did I say
Or do?

How did I fail?
How was I did not measure up?

In a way that is indeed
Arrogance

To believe that I am that important
Even in failure

Lord deliver me from myself
Help me to understand
That all I can do is be me
And in the moment
Do the best I can

The outcome?
Ultimately that is up to YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment