Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, November 15, 2014

Carpe Diem

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh

__________________________________________

in the world of dreams I wander
from the world of dreams I return

in that moment of transition
when I first feel my body once again
rooted in the earth
and my eyes first open

I make a choice
I decide
how this day will be

whether I will catch the joy as it flies (thank you Blake)
or chase fear into places of darkness

whether I will dominate
or seek union

whether I will judge
or practice compassion

whether I will frown
or smile

I choose
to smile

carpe diem
 

No comments:

Post a Comment