Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, April 27, 2015

If I were to die tomorrow

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

_______________________________

if I were to die tomorrow
as well I might
(let’s face it, it’s always a possibility)

I would want to tell those I love
I love them
I would want the snarky remarks of the arrogant
to bounce off of my soul like rain off a roof

I would want to drink in everything
everything
everything

I would want to hear it
see it, taste it

I would want to feel it against my skin
the warmth of the sun
the touch of another’s hand

Ah

and if I were to live forever
I would want to live the same way
joyfully
fully
drinking it all in

and then giving it
all
away

always
always

generous

No comments:

Post a Comment