Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, April 6, 2015

Moderation? Probably not!

“Saints have no moderation, nor do poets, just exuberance.”
― Anne Sexton

________________________________

moderation

what is that?

I am not sure I have ever done anything with moderation
I burn brightly
and sometimes I flame out

I focus on myself too much
I focus on myself (at other times) too little

I am too serious
and not serious enough

I express myself passionately
freely
and at times unwisely
I use sermon illustrations that wiser preachers would not use
and share myself “online” in ways that not all
understand

I work hard
play hard

I feel deeply
and at times go way too deep for my own good

if I get my feelings hurt I retreat
(as I did yesterday)
and purge 100 people off my friends list

saint
well that is certainly not me
poet
perhaps

blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment