Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, April 12, 2015

Signs

“Beyond the edge of the world there’s a space where emptiness and substance neatly overlap, where past and future form a continuous, endless loop. And, hovering about, there are signs no one has ever read, chords no one has ever heard.”
― Haruki Murakami
_________________________________

I often trod
head down

intent merely on getting
I know not where

If I were just to raise my eyes
I would see signs
along the way

there is the old yellow jeep
a sign I have walked one mile
and it is time to turn and go home

there is the exhausted soul
a sign I have done enough

some signs I see and heed
some signs I see and ignore

but so many signs remain unseen

those divine signs
on the edge of the world
where sacred and secular overlap
and portentous choices are to be made

O Sacred one
slow my steps
raise my eyes

Aha!
there it is
there You are

No comments:

Post a Comment