Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, November 19, 2016

Life

“Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.”
                                            Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
_________________________________________

It never seems to get better
The political polls (or even the political reality)
The pain

Life

I find that there far too many nights
My “busy brain” has me replaying the day
With
Regret

And far too many mornings when I look forward to the day
Anxious

It is always one damn thing after another!

But I have learned
Slowly, begrudgingly at times
That while life does not getter “better”
My relationship to life
And affliction and stress

Can change

For I have resources
Inside
That are greater than I dare imagine

All strength
All hope
All compassion
All love

For in me
Imperfect vessel
is Sacred

call it what you will
Sacred Presence
Holy Spirit

And it is in those moments
Paradoxically
When things are most difficult
That I find myself going there
To that place
Where Sacred dwells

And finding strength

I often sweat the small stuff
But when life happens
God
Spirit
Sacred
Love

Is there

No comments:

Post a Comment