Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, November 14, 2016

World Undone

It is not to be learned by world-flight, running away from things
Turning solitary and going apart from the world.
Rather, one must learn an inner solitude, wherever of with whomsoever he may be
              Meister Esckhart,
              from Blakney, Meister Eckhart: a Modern Translation
__________________________________________________

Right now I would like to run away
Find that solitary place where I could live

In a world of God’s making
Far from the sad reality that this world
Is being un made by humans

I am surrounded by events that confuse and frighten
By people who, clearly evil, find success
By peddling hate

I feel the world come undone

Yes, I would like to run away
But here I am
Trump, global warming, Putin
Racism, greed, hate, Syria, Israel

(you may not agree with me about the content of the mess
 But I doubt if you can disagree there is one)

Ah, may I learn to go within
And find that place where Sacred Presence dwells
The Kingdom of God is within
It is near

May I go there
And embrace the Sacred
And rest gently in Her arms

No comments:

Post a Comment