Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, July 17, 2017

what I believe is what I do

“What I believe is not what I say I believe; what I believe is what I do.”
 Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
__________________________________

What do I believe?
It is simple really

I believe there is something much much bigger than I

I call that something God, or the Sacred One, although I am not sure that an anthropomorphic image of God is helpful.

I believe that I came from God
And I believe that God dwells in me, and you
And every person on this earth

I believe some people are awake to that presence
Some are not

I believe that once upon a time, a person named Jesus
Was totally awake to that presence, to the degree that the difference between the human, Jesus,
And the Sacred part of him became meaningless
He was fully human, but fully God

I believe that because God was so alive in Jesus life
He lived an amazing life of love, and he healed the sick, and touched lives deeply
And I believe that while we can never be Jesus, we can live
Towards Jesus

Seeing to walk in his way

I believe that when the Sacred is awake in us
We are people who live without fear,
And are full of hope
We are people who forgive, and give, and share, and comfort

Our faith is revealed not so much by what we believe
And certainly not what we say
But in how we live

I believe that when my time here is done
I go back to the from whence I came
And I move from communion with God, to union

And so each day
Seek to be aware of the Sacred
Powered by the Sacred

And I seek to live the Sacred
Because I know I am a child of God

And I look at you
And I know that you are one too

And that some day

Down the road, we will both go home

No comments:

Post a Comment