Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, November 27, 2017

learning compassion

“Wounding and healing are not opposites. They're part of the same thing. It is our wounds that enable us to be compassionate with the wounds of others. It is our limitations that make us kind to the limitations of other people. It is our loneliness that helps us to to find other people or to even know they're alone with an illness. I think I have served people perfectly with parts of myself I used to be ashamed of. ”
                                                                         Rachel Naomi Remen
___________________________________________________

The question I not
What is “right” about me, and what is “wrong” about me

But rather how can I use my whole self,
The good, the bad,
And even the ugly,

to help others

how can I, with Sacred Presence unleashed
use all parts of myself

to heal the world around me?

For God overcomes evil, within
God overcomes evil, without

Simply by transforming evil with good
Turning darkness to light
And death
To

life

No comments:

Post a Comment