Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, November 24, 2017

only dance

" Only dance,
and your illusions will blow .... in the wind ....
Dance, and make joyous the love .... around you ....
Dance, and your veils which hide the light .... Shall swirl
in a heap .... at your feet. "
                                                          RUMI
_______________________________________________

the day is gray
and white
the clouds glower
but the snow falls bringing unique beauty

it is an in-between day
not quite sad
but not one to life your heart either

I am settling into this day
Recognizing that I too am in-between

There is a richness to life
And yet an emptiness too
white and gray

there is the good news to share
and there is news that hammers at the soul
about injustice, and greed, and falsehood

there are people to work, and sing, and play with
and yet a sense of being, at a profound level
disconnected,
alone

no, I am not depressed
more reflective
somewhere in between
feeling at peace with my life, and with myself
and deep discontent

just know dear ones
that you, as you wander in an out of my life
as you like me, or despise me
as you are enriched by me, or hurt by me
as I attend to you, or seem to think only of myself
As I share my opinion,
kindly or aggressively

that you are what this life is all about
it not all about me
I can never say, “the one that matters is me. I'm the only one that matters”

Because I know that I need others

I want you, and need all of you in my life
I may not know what to do with you
But I need to know you are there

I have decided that it is time to dance
To dance along the dirt pathways in the snow
or rain, as the case may be

finding myself in the dance
finding the sacred in the snow and mud
in the trees
and in the antics of happy dog

and I will remember that you are out there
hopefully dancing

too

No comments:

Post a Comment