Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, November 30, 2017

To be

“Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming.”
                                           Matthew Arnold
_________________________________

Happy dog
Presses a cold nose in my back
And so the day begins

So much to do
As the week
Filled with bits and pieces of accomplishment and failure
Comes to a whimpering end

And yet, Frostian
I have long to go before I sleep

Tasks are lined up
waiting to be done
by a body unable and a mind unwilling to cooperate

and this morning
my soul feels more unraveled that refreshed

this is what happens
when all is striving
and little is being

perhaps a pause is in order
a moment
to walk happy dog
take a deep breath
sip my Americano

and start over
remembering
my essential nature
is to
be


No comments:

Post a Comment