Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, February 24, 2018

Open the heart


“Every morning I walk like this around
the pond, thinking: if the doors of my heart ever close, I am as good as dead.”
                                                                        Mary Oliver
___________________________________________

Every morning I walk around
The base of the mountain

Opening my heart to the sunrise
To the mountain
Watching happy dog gallop exuberantly
In search of balls, and mice
And things that smell

This is the time when the light gets in
Seeping through the left over doubts
And fears
That came with the night

This is how my heart expands
and embraces
Life and joy

In these brief moments
As the sun returns
The doors are open wide

And for a moment
I know my divine heritage
And for a moment
I dare to believe

that I might bear
the likeness
of the Sacred One

if only for
a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment