Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The gift of failure


“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
                              Winston S. Churchill
_______________________________

Ever failed?
I have
More times than I can count
Bad choices have closed doors,
              Blocked paths
                             Left me scarred

But I have been lucky
              Time and time again
I have been able to take lessons learned and skill developed
And forge a new path

From minister,
To working for a non-profit
To a medical school
To a community mental health program

Somehow a door always opened
Some way, there was always something new
Waiting

And now
Although there is no drama
No doors closing
It feels like this path goes nowhere

That I am going no where
Just wandering deeper and deeper into
              Grayness
              Vagueness
              Fatigue

Perhaps there is just not enough in me
At place in the journey
To keep getting up
To keep moving

So I creep along
Trying to avoid another failure
But getting, nowhere
Perhaps now is the time to just stop
At least for a moment

At take some time
For my soul to catch up with my body
To take some time
To find again the passion

To get up
And fail again

No comments:

Post a Comment