Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, April 13, 2018

look to the sky


When it rains it pours and opens doors
And floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry
And in the midst of sailing ships we sink our lips into the ones we love
That have to say goodbye
And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion that won't seem to let me go

'Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you're here with me
And you make everything alright
And when I feel like I'm lost something tells me you're here with me
And I can always find my way when you are here
                                                                        Train
______________________________________________________

There are days
When I am not sure why

Why I should get out of bed
Why I should bother to dress
Why I should find my way to an office

Where hurting people share
And hope
And only sometimes
Find peace

Why bother
Why smile
Why breathe
Why?

And then
Along those sometimes dusty
Sometimes muddy
Sometimes snowy
Country roads

I look to the sky
To the sun, the moon, the stars
To clouds gray
And clouds white

To golden rising
And golden setting

And my soul awakes
And my heart races
And the pain and fear
Is lost in the greatness
Into the gray blue goldness

And I breathe again


No comments:

Post a Comment