Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, September 2, 2018

Consumed


Love ..
is the Lamp of God,
I am its moth;
Love is a shackle, . my heart is its crazy captive. "
                              - Seyh Galib
_______________________________

It seems crazy I suppose
But I really don’t like religion very much

All that dogma and ritual
They have their place of course

The sacraments are like signs along the road
Pointing toward something more profound
Higher up, deeper in

But honestly
My connection with the sacred is irresistible
Powerful
Consuming

it draws me down paths I would never go on my own

it makes me (a true introvert), outspoken
about injustices

it causes me to say things I know the culture in which I am embedded with abhor

for as one consumed by the light
as one totally enslaved by Sacred love

I can do no less

Even if it means I must be..
A little “crazy”



No comments:

Post a Comment