Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, March 27, 2021

Being Jesus

Christian life is a commitment to love, to give birth to God in one’s own life and to become midwives of divinity in this evolving cosmos. We are to be wholemakers of love in a world of change

                     Ilia Delio as quoted by Richard Rohr (Daily Meditation 3/19/21

 

This is why I say we need to switch our thinking from “Jesus came to fulfill us” to “we have come to fulfill Christ.” We are a part of this ever-growing cosmic Christ that is coming to be in this one great big act of giving birth described in Romans 8:22

                     Richard Rohr (Daily Meditation 3/19/21

 

We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now

                     Paul (Roman 8:22)

__________________________________

 

Turn to Jesus the (we) preachers say

Turn to Jesus for joy

Turn to Jesus for peace, and hope, and love

 

Turn to Jesus and he will make you whole

Turn to Jesus and he will make life brighter and lighter

 

Turn to Jesus

 

But perhaps we have it wrong

Perhaps, just perhaps

We should be saying “turn into Jesus”

 

Not that we will ever attain this, ever arrive in that place (Phil. 3)

but still

 

this is what faith is all about

participating in Christ

coming together as the people of Jesus

to make him real

to be the “body”

the eyes, the voice, the hands the feet

of Jesus in this world

 

to be communally

as we join together, a Sacred presence in this world

being “Jesus” (the body of Christ)

 

I have no doubt that my connection to all that is Sacred

my relationship to the divine (call it what you will)

my healthy attachment to the one who embodied Love (Jesus)

 

makes my life better

 

but I believe that my spiritual compass point cannot be

what God can do for me

but what I can do for God (thank you JFK)

 

how can I be the ongoing incarnation of Love?

how can I be the creative power of the Sacred in this world?

how can I be one who brings peace, hope, joy, and love?

into the lives of the people I meet?

 

how can I in my small way be a part of the body of Christ

and help fulfill the ongoing ministry of the beloved

here and now?

 

Lord, help me this day, to look beyond myself

and understand that it is not “all about me”,

Help me to be a person who, filled with Sacred presence,

gives birth to what is Sacred in my life

and touches the world with love

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment