Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, March 13, 2021

Watch out for your bully brain

The mind thinks us, rather than the other way around

                     Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee, Prayer of the Heart

___________________________

 

“I think therefore I am”

 

Cogito, ergo sum

 

declared Descarte

 

or rather he said, “I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am”

je pense, donc je suis

 

explaining that the fact that we can doubt our existence

proves that there must be an “I” that does the doubting

 

sometimes I think it might rather be

I am therefore I think

 

the mind is a wonderful thing

quick, creative, powerful, beautiful

 

it can also be a bully

it can also be a liar

 

our minds get us into all kind of trouble!

and our “bully brain” says all kinds of kinds

 

“I am not enough”

“I can’t do this”

“I must do that”

 

those troublesome thoughts

become patterned thoughts

become beliefs

become life commandments

 

and they take us to troublesome places

 

into addiction,

into immobility

into patterned behavior

that keep us from being who we want to be

and hinder our doing what we want to do

 

and so our souls scream in frustration (along with Paul)

I do not understand my own actions.

For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.  (Romans 17)

 

all our life energy

follows our thoughts

 

and our scattered and fragmented thoughts

become scattered and fragmented lives

 

it is not that we want to become narrow

(or boring)

but to have a compass point

to know our values, and to resolutely

move through life toward those values

 

to work at being who we really want to be!

and to have who we want to be reflect love and nobility?

 

Ah

 

That takes focus

that takes a mind “stayed on” the Sacred

 

the life defined by the spiritual

is a life where one tries as best one can

to be one-pointed

focusing our mind, and thus our energy

 

toward Love

toward thinking love

experiencing love (received)

offering love

living love

 

which is why we need to start each day

with our minds focused on Sacred

and return each moment

as best we can

to Sacred

 

breathing in

breathing out

thinking thoughts of the beloved

 

creating grooves

in the record that plays in our mind

conditioning our minds, focusing our energy

toward the One

 

that we might think

and therefor live

the way of love


No comments:

Post a Comment