Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, June 15, 2021

newly minted

I am weary but at least now, I know I am becoming

newly minted

amidst the fire

inside

                     Jyl Anais Ion

______________________________

 

I cannot watch the news any more

it is too painful

to watch the foolishness of those

who would catch the wind

 

by grabbing hold of power

by amassing the wealth

 

I cannot read even the well written

words of legitimate reports

rare among the garbage and flotsam of extremism

 

for the insanity of our time

is oppressive

 

who ever said

“the one thing we learn from history

 is that we do not learn from history”

was right

 

some mornings it is all one can do

to drag an aging body out of bed

when everything hurts

and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work

 

it is the year of the cicadas

it feels more like a plague of locusts has come

as malignant souls

seek to dominate and control and

leave us with a world plucked clean of kindness and compassion

justice and equity

 

I sit, looking out at the beauty of a place

not yet pillaged

and hear the words of Micah echo is my heart

 

“Woe to those who scheme iniquity, who work out evil on their beds!

when morning comes, they do it, for it is in the power of their hands”

 

and I become weary

 

and yet

and yet

and yet

 

like the Psalmist who laments

only to rejoice

who despairs only to hope

 

the stirrings of the Spirit remind me

that the Power that created all

and sustains it with love

 

is a Power that makes all things new

that in every ending is a beginning

in every death a new birth

 

in the end every tyrant falls

the way of domination fails

and love wins

 

for I am (and so are you) a Sacred Children

I have Sacred DNA

I have the powerful presence of Love within

 

And even if I am weary

I know, that I am becoming

newly minted

amidst the fire

inside

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment