Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, May 9, 2013

I want answers

 
I want the answers
really
I do
I want the answers and I want them now
 
why do bad things happen to good people?
why do I do the things that I do not want to do?
(Me and Paul)
Why are people so blind
(I almost said stupid)
sometimes?
 
Why  is the sickness
and pain?
 
I want the answers
I want certainty
 
but the Sacred dances
around me
and in me
and suggests
 
quite politely you know
that what I need is wonder
 
That I need to stand in the midst of the uncertainty
and notice
the ever present Divine
 
I need to wonder at the beauty 
of a sunrise so beautiful it cannot be believed
I need to wonder at the beauty of God's love
and live with
the question of
how God 
could love me the way God does
I need
to stand in awe before
that which is beyond me
yet within me
and which I will never truly understand

God knows
I think
that if I thought I had all the answers
I would be insufferable

I wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment