Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oh Spirit!

Oh Spirit!
presence of God
spark of the Sacred

sometimes you feel
like a wild child
dancing within
determined to get my feet moving
in a dance of their own

sometimes you feel
like a still small voice
nudging me 
gently
to a new space, a new place

at times you come 
as a comforting breeze
cooling and calming
helping my find my breathe 
in a breathless world

sometimes the breeze 
turns into a might wind
irresistable and 
impelling

and sometimes you come
as fire
setting my heart
aflame
cleansing and inspiring

who would have thought
that the Spirit
would have a personality disorder?

thank you
God
for the amazing diversity 
of your presence

No comments:

Post a Comment