Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, May 4, 2013

It is one of those days

This is one of those days
when I am far too prepared
to be 
discouraged

it almost feels sinful
for such beauty surrounds me

the sky is clear
and a brilliant
sun casts its warm
rays along a carpet of green
leaves are taking a cautious 
look at the world

and I should be smiling

but on this day
this day
my heart is drowned
in perceptions
that are shadowy

in thinking about my self
my past
in thinking about how I am seen
by others

in analyzing (always a dangerous thing)
what others feel about me

it is one of those days
when I feel
profoundly
as if my flaws have overwhelmed
my contributions

and I am tolerated
but not liked

as if I am judged and found wanting
and I agree with the verdict

it would be easy to stay in this place
but 
I often tell people I work with
you are not defined by your past
or by others
you are defined
by the Sacred
and by yourself

So this day
my antidote statement will be

What is is
What has been has been
all I can do 
this day
is be in the moment
and in this moment
be as open, and compassionate
as I can be

all I can do is be a loving and caring presence
 
and the past
and present
and future
will take care of themselves
 
 
Blessings my friends
For my flaws I ask your tolerance
for the times I have disappointed and frustrated
I ask your forgiveness
 
this is the day the Lord has made
let us rejoice and be glad in it
and walk forward
as the joyful
children 
of
God

1 comment:

  1. John 10 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I close my eyes and ears to those thoughts that say I am not good enough that I can never be I know where they come from I tell myself it is none of my business what other people think of me and look for the love that I know God has for me. He is not that condemning voice He directs with compassion and love that I hope I can learn to imitate in my love for others.

    ReplyDelete