Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Seeing Clearly

I am unsettled sometimes
by what I read
and see,
by life
in
general

I find myself walking through my days
anxious

anger is everywhere
rejection too
nothing seems to be working

people around me
seem distant
uncaring
detached

it is then that I realize
that it is time 
to clean my glasses
 
____________________________________
 
How we think
how we talk to ourselves
profoundly alters the way we see the world
 
it is important to know
if our spiritual lenses are "dirty"
or out of focus
because our self talk is negative,
our expectations unrealistic,
our values and beliefs unhealthy
 
sometimes we need to take some time
to get our hearts and minds clear
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment